about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Friday 18 April 2014

amigurumi workshop


one of my new year resolutions was to do more crafting for fun - I find it really hard to make time to do this, so I signed up for a few classes where I knew I'd be forced to learn new craft skills and actually have some time to craft! so far I've learnt knitting, and how to crochet granny squares, and last week I went back to Tea and Crafting to learn amigurumi!

in the class we learnt to crochet a super cute whale - I'm going to make a felt horn for mine though and turn him into a narwhal! amigurumi is actually fairly simple once you've got the technique down - unlike traditional crochet it works in a spiral rather than rows. it means you have to concentrate while you're doing it, which was the biggest challenge for me!


 I'm pretty much addicted to amigurumi now - I have favourited a ton of amigurumi patterns on Etsy (I mean, who wouldn't want to crochet a hamburger with a face on?!) and have even finally dusted off the amigurumi book I bought YEARS ago....



 I bought Ami Ami Dogs purely because of the cute factor of the front cover. sadly my lack of crochet skills meant I haven't been able to make anything from it until now - I cannot wait to try making my own teeny crocheted dog. the Husky is going to be my first project - LOOK HOW CUTE IT IS!


can any of you crochet? have you ever tired amigurumi? or are you learning any new craft skills at all as part of your new years resolutions?

1 comment:

  1. Love your little whale. Amigurumi is seriously addicitive! I really enjoy doing it probably the most out of any form of crochet. I will look forward to seeing how you get on! x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo