about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Monday 9 February 2015

I made you a (Valentines) mixtape


I thought I'd put together a mixtape of Valentines songs that hopefully aren't too mushy! These are all songs that remind me of my other half, so there is a bit of a mix in there... It's funny thinking about the music that provides the soundtrack to our lives. Jonathan goes through phases of getting a song stuck in his head and singing it over and over for up to weeks at a time, so these songs always remind me of him! I love remembering where we were when we heard certain songs - Haim makes me think of our first mini break together, listening to their album full blast in the car. The 1975 makes me think of our first gig together to see them, drinking alcopops and shooting the crowds with the GoPro. Get Lucky makes me think of the silly videos he used to send me when we were first dating, when he was OBSESSED with that song, and used to film himself singing it and send it to me!

I've made the playlist on Spotify if you'd like to have a listen - just click here to check it out.

1. Latch by Sam Smith
2. Sex by the 1975
3. Yes, I was Drunk by Twin Atlantic
4. Naughty by Matlida the Musical Soundtrack
5. The Wire by Haim
6. Get Lucky by Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams
7. Gosport Nancy by Bellowhead
8. Something from Nothing by Foo Fighters
9. The Mother We Share by CHVRCHES
10. Drunk in Love by Scott Bradlee and Postmodern Jukebox (this is an INCREDIBLE cover of the Beyonce song, which my friend Cristina sings on!)
11. Blame It On Me by George Ezra
12. Love Is an Open Door by Frozen the Soundtrack (yup, we are those people...)

I'd love to hear what songs remind you of your partner and why - please feel free to share them in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. ah, that's sweet. will actually go and listen to the ones i don't know now! :-) x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo