about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Gluten Free Orange and Almond Cake


So I've been thinking a lot about this blog, and what I want it to be, and have come to a few decisions. Firstly, this blog will feature a lot more recipes, DIY projects, and WIP posts, because I love doing that. It's my favourite thing to do, so why not make that a bigger part of my blog? Secondly, I will be using the blog more as a journal of sorts. I spend too much time worrying about whether my photos are good enough, whether the post is interesting enough, whether people will enjoy reading it, and end up not posting things because I feel they aren't good enough. I started this blog as a way of keeping a record of the things I'm doing, reading, making, thinking about. That's what I want to get back to.

Lately I've been baking more - as I mentioned over on Instagram it's something I really enjoy doing, but hate being left to eat a whole cake or batch of biscuits by myself! I'm going to try and maybe join some sort of group or club where I can hand out my baked treats to others. Basically I just want an excuse to bake more and try new recipes. But I wanted to share with you a recipe I tried last week. I actually made two cakes, one being the Hummingbird Bakery banana bread which is always a hit. The other was a Gluten Free Orange and Almond Cake that I have had pinned for ages and wanted to try because of the unusual method. I used this recipe but didn't put flaked almonds on top because I'm not a huge fan of them. It turned out pretty darn awesome - it's not a sweet cake at all and, even though I have a massive sweet tooth, I loved it. It was really moist and packed full of flavour. Perfect with a cup of tea, and because it's gluten and dairy free it's great if you're taking it somewhere there may be people with allergies.

I'll be posting again shortly with a crochet project I've been working on - it's Easter themed and pastel coloured so obviously I'm in my element! This evening I'm off to meet up with three lovely ladies that I'm mentoring as part of the Crafty Fox Market Uncovered scheme - we are going to Drink Shop Do for a few cheeky drinks so I hope I'm still coherent enough to try and impart some of my wisdom on them (haha!)

PS. that awesome plate up there is by Helen Dardik and is from Tigerlily Quinn shop - I bought the fox and the lady plates too because they are too adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo